- During Business Hours (8:00am-4:30pm): students in need
of urgent psychological assistance are encouraged to call CAPS at
(858) 534-3755. The Urgent Care Psychologist is available on weekdays from
8:00am to 4:30pm at the CAPS Central Office (located in Galbraith
Hall, Room 190 at Revelle College). The Urgent Care Psychologist can respond
to students in crisis, as well as consult with parents, staff, and faculty.
- After hours telephone counseling is available for urgent matters by calling our Central Office at (858) 534-3755 (and selecting Option 2).
- If this is an emergency or anyone is in danger including yourself, call 911 or the UCSD Campus Police
at (858) 534-HELP(4357).
- If you are thinking about suicide and are not willing to talk our after hours mental health counselor, then please go to this link: http://www.metanoia.org/suicide.
CRISIS HOTLINES :
- San Diego County: (800) 479-3339
- Nationwide: (800) 273-TALK(8255)
- During business hours (8:00am-4:30pm), SHS is available for medical emergencies.
- (858) 534-2781
- SARC is available to respond to victims of sexual assault, dating/domestic violence, and stalking.
- (858) 534-5793
CAPS offers assistance to students, faculty, and staff in response to any critical incident or disaster that may impact the psychological well-being of the UCSD community.
In the past, CAPS has provided services in response to various local and national critical incidents, such as student deaths, earthquakes, the San Diego County fires, the 9-11 disaster, and the Virginia Tech tragedy. If you have any questions regarding our services for critical incidents, please contact us at (858) 534-3755.